4631 Merle Hay Rd, Des Moines, IA 50322, USA
Featured Not resolved

Never take a pet to Blue Pearl 24hr Vet clinic. They faked my dogs labs so they could ask to run more test and make more money.

Then they refused to prescribe her antibiotics. However, I knew that's what she needed. They wanted me to get more test and I refused. I took her to my vet and received antibiotics the next day, but that was too late.

The infection was taking over and the antibiotics weren't working. Being a nurse, I knew she still needed help. I started an IV on her to help maintain the vascular resistance. I called my vet, who had left for vacation and received some advice, ultimately making a decision to take Saph in.

Iowa Veterinary Specialties(IVS) did an amazing job with Saph, triaging her and treating her immediately, without pushing for tests that weren't necessary. The cost was the same for five different tests at IVS as it was for the fake blood work at Blue Pearl! At IVS her temp was 104. 9 even after antibiotic therapy at my vet (Startch Pet Hospital).

Her actual bloodwork showed elevated WBC of 20,000 as well as other significant markers of infection. Always be the advocate for your pet. They almost cost Sapphire her life by their negligence. She might possibly have mental issues now because they allowed her to leave their clinic and not treat a temp of 105.

She is admitted at IVS and staying over night to receive IV antibiotics, fluids, pain meds. Prayers are welcome.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bluepearl Veterinary Partners Pet Medical Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

You’re an idiot congratulations

@Spreadingtruth012

My dog died because of this negligence. Try to be a little more mindful when leaving comments.

I lost my daughter. Maybe you don't have kids so you don't know what it's like.