This is not the place to go if you have an emergency with your animal. My dog had had surgery a week ago, and on Sunday ripped out some stitches, and started to bleed.

Thinking this was an emergency, I took him to Blue Pearl because they are open 7 days, 24 hours. Now if this had happened midday on a week day I would have taken him to his regular vet. But I thought, "Sunday, emergency, I need to go to an animal emergency room." I called Blue Pearl to ask if I needed an appointment. I was told no, just bring him up right away.

I rushed in, the place was empty, I mean tumble *** time. I sat down. An hour later I was sitting in the same place waiting to be seen. I asked the very un-busy receptionist, "What the ***?" He replied they were kind of understaffed, and he was very sorry.

I left. Bottom line, unless your pet is perfectly healthy, and you have several hours to blow, do not go here. I can not speak to whether the people are friendly or competent or not. I only spoke to one bored receptionist.

Save your animal and yourself the pain and go directly to the Animal Medical Center. I did, and they saw us within 5 minutes, and did an excellent job.

Review about: Bluepearl Veterinary Partners Pet Medical Service.

Comments

I understand your frustration, and I apologize about your experience but as a emergency hospital we must assign the level of urgency (Triage) to every patient. While our waiting room may not have appeared busy during your wait, there often can be client's already placed into exam rooms and hospitalized critical care patients being treated.

If you would like to discuss further about your experience please call me at 212-767-0099 Nathan B. Operations Coordinator