Bluepearl Veterinary Partners - FAILURE TO DISCLOSE INFORMATION led to an UNNECESSARY LEG AMPUTATION
My cat Charlotte was diagnosed with cancer this past September. We had the doctors at the Blue Pearl speciality hospital run tests, do x-rays, ct scans. The doctors said the BEST course of treatment for her cat was to AMPUTATE to prevent the spread of cancer. After much agonizing consideration, we followed the veterinary specialist's advice. A few weeks AFTER the amputation, the doctor told us that it turned out that THE MASS WAS BENIGN and CHARLOTTE'S LEG HAD BEEN AMPUTATED UNNECESSARILY.
Afterwards, we found out that the doctor had WITHHELD VITAL INFORMATION from an original lab report. The information that the doctor FAILED TO DISCLOSE prior to amputating could have prevented this unnecessary and life-altering procedure.
________________________________________________ />PLEASE READ CHARLOTTE'S STORY:http://www.justiceforcharlotte.blogspot.com
RESEARCH YOUR VETERINARIAN
CHECK REVIEWS! Had I researched BluePearl more prior to Charlotte's procedure, I would have seen the lawsuits and complaints about this place and the staff.
The best thing that you can do to prevent situations like this is to research your veterinarian before you choose one. All of the organizations listed below keep public records and you can view them and check out any other complaints that may have been filed against your veterinarian.
State Veterinary Medical Board (in your home state)
American Veterinary Medical Association
American Animal Hospital Association
Better Business Bureau
Most of these organizations conduct their own investigation of each complaint and determine which fines, if any, should be applied.
Another resource that you can use is word of mouth. If you're considering using a new veterinarian, be sure to talk to other clients and find out what their position and opinion is on him. This is probably one of your best resources, because it's the best way to get a clear and honest opinion.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "SOMETHINGSPHISHY------------------------------------------------ />Order Number: 19011Detailed Invoice: https://www.somethingsphishy.com/account_history_info.php?order_id=19011Date Ordered: Sunday 22 September, 2013The comments for your order areAFTER REVEIWING YOUR E-MAILS FROM THE LAST ORDER, WE HAVE DECIDED TO NOT DO BUSINESS..."
- "I look at these reviews, and my heart just Sinks. The day I took my dog there, 3 months ago, Christmas Eve, was the worst day of my life. I..."
- "Gave my dog 3 wafers (she was 83#) of GNC calming tablets. In an hour she dropped dead on the floor. She had been running and playing in..."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "The tittle says it all! I gave them my Dell XPS laptop running at top speed with NO Issues other than a few hiccups running it for 5 1/2 years..."
- "Five years of being one of LIFE ALERT'S top national producers, one of the most awarded sales representatives of all time in the New York Office, never missed work, and..."