Bluepearl Veterinary Partners - FAILURE TO DISCLOSE INFORMATION led to an UNNECESSARY LEG AMPUTATION
My cat Charlotte was diagnosed with cancer this past September. We had the doctors at the Blue Pearl speciality hospital run tests, do x-rays, ct scans. The doctors said the BEST course of treatment for her cat was to AMPUTATE to prevent the spread of cancer. After much agonizing consideration, we followed the veterinary specialist's advice. A few weeks AFTER the amputation, the doctor told us that it turned out that THE MASS WAS BENIGN and CHARLOTTE'S LEG HAD BEEN AMPUTATED UNNECESSARILY.
Afterwards, we found out that the doctor had WITHHELD VITAL INFORMATION from an original lab report. The information that the doctor FAILED TO DISCLOSE prior to amputating could have prevented this unnecessary and life-altering procedure.
________________________________________________ />PLEASE READ CHARLOTTE'S STORY:http://www.justiceforcharlotte.blogspot.com
RESEARCH YOUR VETERINARIAN
CHECK REVIEWS! Had I researched BluePearl more prior to Charlotte's procedure, I would have seen the lawsuits and complaints about this place and the staff.
The best thing that you can do to prevent situations like this is to research your veterinarian before you choose one. All of the organizations listed below keep public records and you can view them and check out any other complaints that may have been filed against your veterinarian.
State Veterinary Medical Board (in your home state)
American Veterinary Medical Association
American Animal Hospital Association
Better Business Bureau
Most of these organizations conduct their own investigation of each complaint and determine which fines, if any, should be applied.
Another resource that you can use is word of mouth. If you're considering using a new veterinarian, be sure to talk to other clients and find out what their position and opinion is on him. This is probably one of your best resources, because it's the best way to get a clear and honest opinion.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "My 10 year old Goldendoodle passed away on Friday 01/15/2016 due to a 6cm tumor in her left lung pressing on her trachea. I called Bainfield Pet Hospital today and..."
- "On Dec. 26, 2008 Dr. Wm. Schultz DVM, owner of Schultz Veterinary Clinic in Okemos, Michigan did a c-section on my show dog Mulan. Eight months later she showed signs..."
- "My email invoice states I was billed $71.55 USD which would have been 44.98 British Sterling Pounds. They actually billed to my credit card $71.03 USD. This has made the..."
- "I have been with combined insurance since 2005. I have in the past made several claims when I was injured. Recently I was involved in a rear end collision...."
- " I am making it public that I have been scammed by the highly unethical Ken Black of Bought IT Sold IT (BoughtItSoldIt.com) eBay consignment. Ken Black of Bought IT Sold..."
- "Ordered the first one for $49.99 and got the second one ,radiculous ,offered me 15% back unbelievable ,seriously 15% ,don't order from . Mine was in Lawrenceville Georgia ...."
- "NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "Two year old leather recliner had large discolored area suddenly appear on headrest. I had purchased the fabric protection plan when I bought the recliner from Lazyboy. The..."