Bluepearl Veterinary Partners - FAILURE TO DISCLOSE INFORMATION led to an UNNECESSARY LEG AMPUTATION
My cat Charlotte was diagnosed with cancer this past September. We had the doctors at the Blue Pearl speciality hospital run tests, do x-rays, ct scans. The doctors said the BEST course of treatment for her cat was to AMPUTATE to prevent the spread of cancer. After much agonizing consideration, we followed the veterinary specialist's advice. A few weeks AFTER the amputation, the doctor told us that it turned out that THE MASS WAS BENIGN and CHARLOTTE'S LEG HAD BEEN AMPUTATED UNNECESSARILY.
Afterwards, we found out that the doctor had WITHHELD VITAL INFORMATION from an original lab report. The information that the doctor FAILED TO DISCLOSE prior to amputating could have prevented this unnecessary and life-altering procedure.
________________________________________________ />PLEASE READ CHARLOTTE'S STORY:http://www.justiceforcharlotte.blogspot.com
RESEARCH YOUR VETERINARIAN
CHECK REVIEWS! Had I researched BluePearl more prior to Charlotte's procedure, I would have seen the lawsuits and complaints about this place and the staff.
The best thing that you can do to prevent situations like this is to research your veterinarian before you choose one. All of the organizations listed below keep public records and you can view them and check out any other complaints that may have been filed against your veterinarian.
State Veterinary Medical Board (in your home state)
American Veterinary Medical Association
American Animal Hospital Association
Better Business Bureau
Most of these organizations conduct their own investigation of each complaint and determine which fines, if any, should be applied.
Another resource that you can use is word of mouth. If you're considering using a new veterinarian, be sure to talk to other clients and find out what their position and opinion is on him. This is probably one of your best resources, because it's the best way to get a clear and honest opinion.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Pet Medicine and Veterinary Clinics
You May Also Like
- "This happened in Sandy Springs, GA at a Blue Pearl Facility. As far as I am concerned this practice is cold and indifferent. Do not take your animal here thinking they..."
- "HORROR. BluePearl Veterinary "Specialists" diagnosed my cat with cancer. I had them run every test, do ct scans. I followed the advice of NYC Veterinary Specialists/ Blue Pearl Nyc. Based..."
- "Around 27 December 2014, I signed up and paid premium plus (some other charge, I think) for 1 five year old Corgi and entered age 11 for my cat. I recall..."
- "I was on a trip to NYC and decided to buy a Xbox 360 and some pre-owned games and I thought: why not GameStop? As far as I knew, this..."
- "My aunt just died,and we were cleaning out her basement apartment in my moms house.There was a bed frame and a kitchen table and the 4 chairs.My sister and I..."
- "My experience is that Mr. Wiilie Benton, of Bailey Funeral Home, is a terrible business man. He stoled my money for my father's birth certificate and refused to send me..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."