SLAP IN THE FACE FROM AVONDALE BLUE PEARL ANIMAL HOSPITAL
Our sweet girl Charlotte was bitten by a rattlesnake and did not survive. She was bitten about 4:30 am and as much as I wanted to think the days nightmare was over it had just begun.
At 8 pm on the same night as Charlottes death our miniature pincher had run out into the yard and grabbed a toad. As I checked the bushes and yard before I let the dogs out, I had been so focused for the sounds of any rattlesnakes that I had forgotten about the toads.
I drove the 45 minutes to Blue Pearl praying we would not loose a second dog that day as the sounds that were coming from the backseat told me my prayers would fall on deaf ears.
He was looking a bit better than I had expected by the time I got there as when I was flushing his mouth at home he had a seizure and the entire drive he seemed to be slipping closer to the unimaginable.
We left him there with a bit of relief thinking he was going to survive and an hour after we had gotten home we received a phone call saying we need to come and see him as his condition had taken a nose dive.
They walk us into a small room to wait for the technician to bring our little guy in to us. We were devastated at the thought of loosing two babies in the same day. I was over emotional. I didn’t know if I could mentally handle seeing him.
As the door opens and the technician brings our dying dog into the room, I instantly noticed he was wrapped in Charlottes blanket!
When Charlotte was bitten the poison caused her to loose the ability to control her bladder and bowels. The poison also caused her blood to be unable to coagulate. On the drive there she had covered this blanket in urine, *** vomit and blood.
They had simply taken this *** *** vomit and blood covered blanket and passed it off to another dog without concern for spreading communicable diseases.
The slap in my face, which felt more like a punch to the gut, was the fact that they were so heartless that they would bring my dying dog to me wrapped in my dead dogs blanket. I had to not only see another baby on the *** of death but had to relive the violent death of the first baby all over again.
What I felt, I cannot put into words. I am still having trouble as I write this to express what happened. There is no way to articulate the anger. The hurt. The devastation.
I AM BEYOND PISSED!
Our little guy is home now and even though he not out of the woods at least I know he is here with us.
I had no choice as to where I could take my dogs as even though that office is 27 miles away it is the closest one to us and In an emergency time is everything.
I feel everybody should know that BluePearl does not only have zero care about the basic steps to take to avoid spreading communicable diseases but values their customers so little that would rub my nose in the death of my dog by bring my dying dog to me wrapped in my dead dogs blanket.
Product or Service Mentioned: Bluepearl Veterinary Partners Pet Medical Service.
Reason of review: Bad quality.
Preferred solution: Contact.
Bluepearl Veterinary Partners Cons: Entire experience.