1.3

I had a horrible experience at the Blue Pearl in San Antonio. I took my cat to his regular vet, on a Saturday morning, he was vomiting, diarrhea not heating and passing clear fluid, he was dehydrated and my vet put him on an I V.

Since she closed at Noon, she recommended the blue pearl to keep the IV (which she sent me with to the hospital) , going as we thought it was an intestinal infection I could have been more but the was the original diagnosis. Upon arriving I has to pay a “one time” fee of $98because this was our first time here. I waited about 3 hours and they were still backed up, finally an assistant came out and checked him and told me they will follow up in a few hours. I got a call about 7 that evening and the Dr tells me that he thinks it cancer and they need to do a scan that costs about $500 I gave the ok, and then 15 minutes later the hospital call and wants another $1000, right then and there to be charged to by card.

And now looking in hindsight it just looks like the damn Dr just wanted to insure he got paid, later that night I get a call from another Dr and they give me the results of the scan and contradicted the other Dr, and says this intestines and lymph nodes are inflamed so they are going to give him prednisone and they say it could be cancer or lymphoma but they need to run more tests and take biopsies. Was not in a good emotional state and I said lets hold off until tomorrow, well the next day I get another Dr, and he tells me worst case it could be cancer and best case and infection and rather that run all these expensive tests they could take a biopsy sample with a needles and the test cost about $190. I said, ok, NEXT day, Monday, I get another doctor that calls me with the results of the test and says that it cant be conclusive because the cat was on prednisone and that skews the results, so then he tells me he is going to fast the cat and runs some more tests the next day , I came to visit later that day, FIRST they had dogs and cats all in the same room, some of those cats were stressed and terrified and when I asked I was told unfortunately that is how the facility was built and if there is a loud dog they will me a cat into on of the exam rooms for quiet, which I could not see that anywhere. SECOND, my cats was to be fasting and what do I find but a bowl of food in his cage.

NO ONE HERE IS ON THE SAME PAGE!!!! The next day a dr called and said the results came back and it was NOT cancer but they wanted to test more. I asked if he could go home and they let me discharge on Tuesday, I left with two antibiotics for him and an anti vomit pill.

TOTAL BILL $3,298.00 DIAGNOSIS intestinal infection, When I brought him home, which he was so happy to get the *** out of there it took a few days but he started becoming his old self. I will NEVER EVER recommend or use this facility EVER

Reason of review: totally bas experince.

Bluepearl Veterinary Partners Cons: Total lack of communication.

Comments