Lori R Oko

| map-marker Baldwin Park, California

Warning to others to stay away

Blue Pearl is supposed to be an emergency veterinary hospital, but no one at the Avondale, AZ location knows what it means to triage patients. The last several times I took a pet there, it literally took them HOURS to just triage my pets.

Triage (you know, the process where they determine how seriously ill the patient is and whether it's life-threatening) should take place within the first few minutes of the patient's arrival. If your pet is suffering a life-threatening emergency, they will likely die before any vet or technician even acknowledges their presence.

If I have an emergency, I now drive ACROSS the valley to a vet in Chandler (different veterinary group), where they ALWAYS triage my pet as soon as I arrive. It may be a much farther drive, but my pet has a much better chance of survival if I make the trip.

User's recommendation: Stay away if you love your pet!

Juls B

| map-marker Renton, Washington

Rigid died at Bluepearl vet. hospital in Kent Friday 23rd February 2024

Bluepearl Veterinary Partners - Rigid died at Bluepearl vet. hospital in Kent Friday 23rd... - Image 2

We put him to sleep because they wouldn't care for him, or even try without $8,000. that had to be paid that night.

Yes he was sick and they said was having trouble breathing. But they never said why or admit they knew what was wrong with him. They just wanted all the money that night before they would care for him. Other than him being on a breathing machine.

I tried to get a loan because they wouldn't allow me to apply for their hospital charity. The doctor said he was a high risk not to recover. But still they didn't know what was wrong with him. As I was filling out the paper work they said I was eligible for but wasn't and was refused.

The doctor kept coming in and needed to know what our plan was. Then the nurse came in with a DNR that they kept trying to get me and my brother to sign. We was there maybe 3 or 4 hours and they wanted to know if we could do the human thing and love him enough to let him go. Again wanted me to sign papers this time to euthanize him.

His bill was already at $2,200. When asked what if we don't then the human society would be called and they would fax the permission. But we wouldn't be able to be with him. We could have taken him but he would be taken off the machine and we would have had to find a hospital open that would take him and hope he didn't die before we made it or they would take him when we didn't have a couple of thousand of dollars to give them.

I signed the papers so he wouldn't have to die alone. He was 3 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Never was aggressive to another dog, cat or person. Everybody loved him.

He was my best friend and he trusted me and I feel like I killed him. Please don't take any animal you love to these people. They were heartless and rude and seemed to enjoy shaming us and enjoyed our pain. We still don't know what was wrong with him and never will because we didn't have $8,000.

to give them that night.

RIP Rigid, please forgive me. They never gave us a bill or any paperwork.

User's recommendation: Don't go there and they also don't use your donation for

Guest

I’ll assume your post is a result of your terrible loss. However you need to take it down because it is ignorant.

Your loss doesn’t allow a free pass for what you wrote. At the least edit with a few sentence update.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2491214

Freedom of speech!

View more comments (1)
Petra Rgw

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Cruel and inhumane treatment of animals

Bluepearl Veterinary Partners - Cruel and inhumane treatment of animals
Updated by user Jan 23, 2024

No they treat animals very cruel.Along being murderers killing animals

Original review Jan 22, 2024
Please Read my experience with Blue Pearl Animal Hospital in Avondale Arizona
This is the first negative review that I've ever left and it is definitely warranted
I brought my neighbors 4 year old healthy German Shepard in. I told them I was driving my truck and he ran underneath it , but was not run over by the tires.

The vet said that she ultrasounded him, along with saying that she didn't hear any fluid or in his lungs or abdomen. But felt the need to xray him anyway .

She told me that she had a treatment plan I asked to see the treatment plan.
A tech came in. I asked her what the vet did so far. She replied nothing was done yet hes in a cage . I asked her if the Vet utra sounded him , she replied no.

When I declined there $1800 estimate for xrays after being lied to. The vet came back with her sales pitch and said that he wont survive the night
Along with a new treatment plan for $1945.00 for shaving a few scraped areas.

he had some superficial wounds and is doing fine .
They are an unethical billing factory .
The worst part is the dog walked in fine on his own. He sat next to me when I was filling out there paperwork , and got up on his own walking at a fast pace to go out the door.
When I declined there treatment plan

This mistreatment brought tears to my eyes, and was so totally unwarranted.
I immediately told the tech to let the dog go. You know that your hurting him and causing extreme pain by mangling his body like that .
She told me he was acting like that because of the injection.
Which is a lie. He was lethargic from the injection and should of used a Gurnee or blanket to move him. His crying was blood curdling.

Even an idiot would know that your abusing and mistreating an animal.
I told them that I had worked as a fireman . Do they have a blanket or sheet for me to move him. After asking 4 times they loaned me one and I carried him to the car.From when I picked him up he stopped crying and breathing heavy. When I got home he walked into the house on his own.

When the receptionist came to the car to retrieve there blanket. I told her that I am very experienced in moving bodies. Being in the medical industry, they should also know these simple things. My neighbor and

Im really aggravated with myself , as they were the closest animal hospital by me. When the receptionist came out to retrieve there blanket.

I told her that was totally wrong and negligent
How they mistreated him As she witnessed me move him, I let her know the importance of the blanket. She acted like she didnt care, and our conversation
was boring her . She non challantly replied I guess that ill bring it up at the next board meeting. With no remorse ,
Of witnessing the excruciating pain from the dog.

Im sure that you will run away fast from Blue Pearl . I am posting this , so that no animal or human has to go thru this pain and suffering.
If I was able to rate them, it would be
Minus -100 stars

User's recommendation: Do not go here they are the worst. Read Google and other reviews

Petra Rgw

| map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Pet Abuse And Mistreatment

SStay Do not go here. They Severely mistreat animals

I brought my neighbors 4 year old healthy German Shepard in.

I told them I was driving my truck and he ran underneath it , but was not run over by the tires. I felt compelled to get him checked out. After them putting him in a cage for 4 hours , my neighbor asked the receptionist what's going on . 10 minutes later we were called back into the examining room

But felt the need to xray him anyway . She told me that she had a treatment plan I asked to see the treatment plan.

I asked her if the Vet utra sounded him , she replied no. I was there with my neighbor the dogs owner. After seeing what was really going on, we decided to take his dog home . I asked to see him they wouldn't let us.They said that we wouldn't be able to see him until they gave him an injection.

When I declined there $1800 estimate for xrays after being lied to.

The vet came back with her sales pitch and said that he wont survive the night

Along with a new treatment plan for $1945.00 for shaving a few scraped areas. With additional fees for anything else past the shaving. My bill was $309.00 for an injection and 15 pills . That aren't even $20.00

he had some superficial wounds and is doing fine .

They are an unethical billing factory .

The worst part is the dog walked in fine on his own.

When I declined there treatment plan

They dragged the dog out with a body sling causing extreme pain to the dog as evidenced by its yelping and heavy breathing. This mistreatment brought tears to my eyes, and was so totally unwarranted.

She told me he was acting like that because of the injection.

His crying was blood curdling. Even an idiot would know that your abusing and mistreating an animal.

When I got home he walked into the house on his own. When the receptionist came to the car to retrieve there blanket. I told her that I am very experienced in moving bodies. Being in the medical industry, they should also know these simple things.

My neighbor and

I truly believe that a Blue Pearl employee mangled and dragged him out of spite. For me declining there services. I asked the vet for pain pills for him, along with a pain injection. As I believed that the scrapes were causing him discomfort and some pain.

When the receptionist came out to retrieve there blanket. I told her that was totally wrong and negligent

With no remorse ,

Of witnessing the excruciating pain from the dog. Do yourself a favor and Google Blue Pearl animal hospital. After you read all of the complaints on many websites . That patients state MISTREATMENT and ridiculously high bills.

If I was able to rate them, it would be

Minus -100 stars

User's recommendation: Stay far away from Blue Pearl

Daniela F Hty
map-marker Overland Park, Kansas

Inhuman treatment of my pet

I took my pet cat in because she was unsteady on her feet. The kept her in for more than two hours and did blood tests.

The vet in ER at Blue Pearl on Quivira Rd.

in Overland Park, KS said she could have an ear infection. They checked her out and sent her home with meds for the ear infection. She was in the closed carrier.

Driving home, I opened the carrier to give her more air and saw she was collapsed on one side.

At home we realized she was paralyzed on her back legs, her eyes were dilated and she was screaming in pain when moved.

Our regular vet put her down hours later.

Its obvious her condition worsened while she was at Blue Pearl to the point of her collapsing.

It was very cruel and inhuman not to tell me about it while I was waiting.

I assumed they wanted to cash in on unnecessary blood tests. The fees are unbilivable.

I complained to the manager and left a message for the director but they didnt bother to respond.

They left my pet to suffer for hours on the brink of death so what kind of people are they?

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t go there

map-marker Newark, New Jersey

Bad experience

Just my dog to my vet said they needed to go to an emergency room so we took them to Blue Pearl because my vet called and asked if they were capable of taking care of my dog. They said yes my dog needed 24 hours Broad spectrum antibiotics, intravenously we brought her there. They never did the antibiotics then they told us they couldnt keep her overnight because they didnt have a doctor there at night. We transferred her to another emergency room, and several hours later there is where she passed.

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else

al s Efm

| map-marker Boston, Massachusetts

Severe injury to pet

For example, we were never advised that she would be shaved.

We were not advised by a technician or anyone else at BluePearl that our cats tail was not typical or unusual in any manner either before or after the procedure. Neither we nor our regular vet observed any unusual behavior regarding her tail previously.

We were forced to visit our vet and incur the costs of visits and x-rays.

We have come to the only conclusion that is rational and logical. Sometime during preparation for the ultrasound or during the procedure, someone roughly pulled or mishandled her tail - notwithstanding that BluePearl claims nothing untoward happened. The resultant damage was not a result of anything that we or that our vet did. Our vet cant say with any certainty whether our cat will ever recover from the damage, which we know was done to her tail by BluePearl.

We were forced to pay for additional services because of BluePearls negligence.

Apparently, this is not an uncommon occurrence for this horrible company they severely injured the two hind legs of a dog in Virginia this year during an MRI for which they were sued and held financially accountable. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIFIC VETERINARY PRACTICE FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR PETS!!!

User's recommendation: In September 2023, we rushed our cat to BluePearl Pet Hospital in Waltham, MA, where she was administered an ultrasound. Our regular veterinarian examined her at 8 am that morning suspecting that she suffered from pancreatitis. He recommended that we go to another emergency pet hospital, but they were unable to accommodate us that day or even the next. We waited 3 hours for this ultrasound procedure, as our cat was in desperate need of this diagnostic measure. During the wait, she walked around the room and we observed no unusual tail activity. When we collected our cat after the procedure, she was in the carrier as she was when we gave her to a technician. We had no opportunity to see our cat physically stand or move until we returned home late that day. Nor were we given any pre- or post-treatment guidance or explanation regarding what to expect. For example, we were never advised that she would be shaved. When we got home and let her out of the carrier, we noticed that her tail was dragging on the floor and that she could not raise it or "flick" it as she normally would. We were not advised by a technician or anyone else at BluePearl that our cat’s tail was not typical or unusual in any manner either before or after the procedure. Neither we nor our regular vet observed any unusual behavior regarding her tail previously. We called Blue Pearl to report that we were concerned about her tail dragging and the apparent immobility of her tail. We don't know for sure who was in the room conducting the procedure, and BluePearl has not made it clear who was in the room during the procedure and who handled her. Apparently, this is something that they want to hide. We were forced to visit our vet and incur the costs of visits and x-rays. Our vet's review of the radiologist's report and his own examination is that there is damage to the nerves in her tail. We have come to the only conclusion that is rational and logical. Sometime during preparation for the ultrasound or during the procedure, someone roughly pulled or mishandled her tail - notwithstanding that BluePearl claims nothing untoward happened. The resultant damage was not a result of anything that we or that our vet did. Our vet can’t say with any certainty whether our cat will ever recover from the damage, which we know was done to her tail by BluePearl. We were forced to pay for additional services because of BluePearl’s negligence. Apparently, this is not an uncommon occurrence for this horrible company – they severely injured the two hind legs of a dog in Virginia this year during an MRI for which they were sued and held financially accountable. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIFIC VETERINARY PRACTICE FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR PETS!!!!!!!!

David D Pfr

| map-marker Brandon, Florida

Horrible experience w/ Brandon & Corp offices

Please do yourself and your fur baby a favor and go to another vet if you can. After charging a large sum of money for overnight care and testing, to have the vet fail to give us any sense of our sweet dog's prognosis while acknowledging the financial cost, proceeded to *** the euthanasia process and disappeared for almost 20 minutes. I found the vet standing in the middle of their work area doing nothing.

That night has haunted us for over a year now and the company has chosen to ignore my two attempts to speak with either the BluePearl president or Mars Petcare CEO; I have the signed receipts showing where employees of their offices signed for the letters. While I did interact with a member of what they call "client relations" team after my first letter, they lacked empathy and when I asked to speak to someone above him twice I never received a response.

After allowing some time to pass, I sent a follow up letter to the CEO and president detailing what happened and included the correspondence with their employee. I did not even receive an apology for what happened from the company. It tells you all you need to know about them - happy to take your money and walk away when things don't go well.

I hope this prevents at least family from going what we have gone through.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Indifferent and incompetent staff

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Find another emergency vet or go to regular vet

Resolved
Rhonda C Afv

| map-marker Kinston, North Carolina

Resolved: My issue is not with the specific hospital we went to - they were wonderful. Corperate is a totally different story

Updated by user Sep 22, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. An apology was what I wanted - they called me and offered one

Original review Aug 23, 2023
I tried to find phone contact info on their website - ended up (on the phone) at one of their clinics. I tried their chat feature.
Welcome!

How can I help with your question?
You
when and how can I call and get a live person at the main office - non-medical issue?
Pearl Wilson, Expert's Assistantjust
I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me more about what's going on?
You
sorry - it ate my typing
Pearl Wilson, Expert's Assistant
Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
You
i am trying to get up with anyone who can deal with your staff in customer outreach. I cannot believe it is company policy to send out an email for a survey/drawing for clients with a pet being treated as of 8/15 on 8/17 to someone whose pet passed away on 5/4.

My first thought was that my vet had not notified Blue Pearl, and I then called and notified the one here where he was treated. THEN today I get a reminder to complete the survey to be entered into the drawing..By the rules of the event I am not eligible. I can only assume that that department is either incompetent or cruel.
I had finally found a small measure of peace - they have taken that.
OK. Got it.

I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer for only $5 (fully-refundable).

While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
I was not there to join anything I just wanted the correct phone number to call and the hours someone is there. If that is too much to expect I will take my business elsewhere next time

User's recommendation: care is great but keep low expectations about the main office

map-marker Newtown, Pennsylvania

All about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Wonderful, over worked undervalued staff, greedy greedy greedy corporate owned. Blue Pearl is owned by Mars Corporation and they landed a huge money maker with Blue Pearl, the corporation only sees dollar signs, does not care about anything else, the work their people to death, and when they purchase a new hospital, they Detroy it and jack up the prices.

User's recommendation: find anywhere but here

map-marker Somerdale, New Jersey

Left a baby who was dying alone for hours.

Left a baby who wasnt even 3 lbs alone. Was extremely sick and they lost her. PLEASE think twice about going here!
Joseth Nbu

Blue Pearl is A Major Corporation where Revenue is the number one concern

The people that work at blue pearl are dedicated; the company is only concerned about making money. Excessive cost, understaffed, doctors are not always available, it can get messy with the profit margin being its main concern. They are gobbling up emergency vet hospitals and putting a dreaded corporate spin on how things operate. If they continue, the level of emergency veterinary care is in serious jeopardy.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Have some very good people that work there
Cons:
  • Corporate structure and corporate greed

Preferred solution: I simply wanted to get in touch with senior management, but they dont want to hear from us... I wanted my story heard by someone that could address the real issues.

User's recommendation: Talk to your regular vet and find out if there is an alternative to BluePearl

Guest

Agree! Poor management and understaffed! Place is horrible.

Sally Kdv

| map-marker Naperville, Illinois

They tell you nothing

This visit isn't even over, been here for 90 minutes. They have my cat, no word on anything! They obviously don't even ask for approval of tests they intend to run. For all I know my animal is suffering back there.

User's recommendation: Only if you have an unlimited amount of money and don't care.

James B Apb
map-marker Virginia Beach, Virginia

VERY UPSET WITH THE TREATMENT OF MY DOG AND MYSELF

Took my dog in to be Euthanasia, he is a German Shepherd and loss control of his back legs and the front legs were going out on him also. They took him in to another room and wouldn't let me go back with him.

He cried so loud because he was scared, I told them I wanted to go back and be with him but they said NO, they would bring him out, I couldn't stand it any longer so I told them I was going in to settle him down, when I walked in they had 4 people pushing him down and had him muzzled, no wonder he was scared, if they would have let me come in and comfort him to let him know I was there, it would have been different. They even said they were going to call the Police because I went back into the examining room. Why in the world do they need to examine your crippled dog that you brought in to be euthanasia. All I wanted was a place to lay my dog down and comfort him when he passed on.

They ruined my last day with my Buddy.

Don't go here for anything. I now have to live with the crying of my dog, all he wanted was me.

Cons:
  • Need to be more caring of peoples feeling and the animals

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Dont go to Blue Pearl at Independence Blvd in Virginia Beach, Va

Guest

You are the only one that needs to apologize, Sir. Which you did on the way out.

Guest

I was in the lobby at the time you were there. You were completely out of line, Sir.

You were eilligerent, threatening and out of control. You were very aggressive, rude, abusive and threatening violence to all staff. Sitting in the lobby listening to you going on an on your dog being abused was horrible. The only thing witnessed that day was YOU being out of control, verbally abusive and threatening violence.

Never have I witnessed someone so out of control to others that were there to help you. Also, I was there when you apologized as you left and thanked everyone for the care and understanding. So which is it?? Was your dog abused or taken care of at your request??

You need to check yourself. Shame on you!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2313569

Read your reviews, they aren't that great. You need to teach your employees to be more caring and understanding of what people are going through to have to put their pet down.

My husband was distraught hearing his pet cry very loudly, and he wanted to be with his dog and you wouldn't let him go back to the room, you were in the wrong you could of stopped this from the beginning by allowing him to go back to the room to be with his distressed dog. Why did our dog have to leave this earth in distress when all you had to do was put him in a room with my husband to go peacefully. Your company needs to change their policy, when coming i.n for Euthanasia you shouldn't have to do a examine on the dog in another room and not allowing the owner to be next to him. Your staff should of come and got my husband to take him back to be with his dog and this would have never happened.

Your company is trying to blame my husband when you could of stopped all of this from happening in the first place. Again you have BAD reviews not just mine.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2313569

Clearly y'all were not there to help ANYONE!!! Not the owners or the pet.

The way y'all euthanize is almost inhumane. If any of your staff had any common sense, they would have had the owner by the pets' side to keep him calm and allow him pass in peace. Y'all are lucky it wasn't me there with my pet, would have been much worse for y'all!!!! I'm going to share this on all media platforms in hopes that people will think twice about bringing their beloved pets to your money machine you call an animal hospital.

I wish nothing but bad things happen to the entire staff that was involved!! Karma is a ***

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2313621

HAHAHAHA....OK!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2313621

I would never take my pets here , they have very bad reviews.They only care about the money not your pets .

View more comments (5)
Daveon Xus
map-marker Somerdale, New Jersey

Too numerous in small slace

1. My Ripley is crippled now 2 overpriced 3. Ignorant attitude by Heather and rest of staff.. call management in Tampa. THEY still have not contacted me 3 I notified all police and military k9 division near ALL BLUE PEARL HOSPITALS. 4.THERE ARE NUMEROUS RESIDENTS THat will never walk in their doors 5. Notified all Town managers if their 4 legged officers need their service, do an line item audit of their chargednevern

User's recommendation: Stay away. Save your fur baby.. have very very deep pockets

Daveon Xus
map-marker Dover, Delaware

Poor, I have insurance, deductible already paid, give 2 estimates, then day of surgery wanted another 900.00 totalling $1500.00

Paying $1500.00 plus taking another $8,883.17 from trupanion insurance.. they charged them top estimates of $8883.17 plus another $1500.00 dollars $10,388.17 . That cost is double and triple amount other hospital charge for knee surgery on small dollars.blue Pearl senior management is also under investigation.. being former employee of intelligence community, I was informed of..to all customer thinking blue Pearl, make sure you have very very deep pockets

User's recommendation: Find better vet services. Plus they have hatred for military veterans. To police k9 officers. Take your 4 legged partner to another vet.. they probably kill a 4 legged officrr

About